Who We Are
Masterton Community Church is dedicated to serving God and serving this community. We are affiliated with New Life Churches International which is a family of contemporary churches passionate to see the Gospel of the Kingdom impact every ethnic group in every nation.
In 1980, after a life dominated by sport, parties and drinking etc., searching for purpose and belonging, Peter heard the gospel preached for the first time. The call on his life was powerful and he eventually called out to Jesus to make himself real to him.
At that moment, his life was radically changed both inside and out. Deb’s life is an amazing story of inner healing and restored relationships. An exciting journey of discovery and purpose has continued to challenge both Peter and Debbie, as their lives have been revolutionized. They have two daughters, Nadine and Levana.
As they have followed the call of God on their lives, Peter says, “The journey just gets better. To help people discover there is a purpose for each of us and to see lives unlocked, restored and living with deep inner joy, is the greatest pleasure. The name of Jesus really does have life changing power because Jesus has done it in my life; I know He can do it in others.”
- We believe that the church is the community of God, the body of Christ, real people who are evidence of his presence and God's chosen agent to demonstrate his Kingdom in this world.
- We believe that true repentance and acceptance of Christ as master is the core of our faith leading to Christ centred character that is evident in action.
- The local church is God's agent for bringing in the Kingdom, evangelising and discipling nations.
- We see ourselves as a Pentecostal church with our life and worship embracing the gifts of the spirit for today.
- A family feel to the church, and for the whole of church life to be founded on relationship rather than institution.
- We recognise the five-fold ministries of Ephesians 4:11 and endeavour to see them implemented in the life of the church.
- We strongly believe that our local church be led by a group of Elders.
- That the Elders recognise and realise that one of their number to have an overall lead of the team. This person may be called the “Pastor”.
- We see it as imperative that we build strategically for future generations; that God is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (three generations) and we need to build generationally.
- That people are saved and become mature disciples of Jesus Christ within the fellowship of his local church.
- Leaders commitment: To work hard for the continuing renewal of the Body of Christ and seek the total mobilisation of all its members to be practical and influential for good in the local community.
Statement of Faith
We believe in God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth:
And in Jesus Christ his only son, our Lord.
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit.
Born of the virgin Mary,
Suffered under Pontius Pilate,
Was crucified, died and buried;
He descended into Hell;
The third day he rose from the dead;
He ascended into Heaven,
And sits at the right hand of God;
From where he shall come to judge the living and the dead.
We believe in the Holy Spirit;
The Holy Christian Church;
The communion of Saints;
The forgiveness of sins;
The resurrection of the body;
And the life everlasting.